It is an elliptical island located at 6, 302, Ichon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul. Previously, it was called Junggido(middle island) which is a Chinese name, but in 1987, the name was officially changed to Nodeul Island. Except for an area to practice tennis, the island is covered with piles of sand and reed forest.
Nodeul Island, which had offered its tasty water since the Joseon Dynasty, became open to visitors in 1917 when the Hangang Bridge was built.
Until the 1960s, the island was a pool and a fishing spot in summer and a skating rink in winter loved by many people.